Thursday, March 21, 2019

Step 3. Things You Don't Want In Storage

Step 3

Decide what items you want out at all times, things you don't want to take out of a storage space every time you want to use them.

Take a look at your inventory table. I started with my hard items.  I want to be able to use my sewing machine, my Q20 and my embroidery machine without having to pull them out of storage.  I also want my ironing table to be available at all times, free of miscellaneous stuff that often gets set on it.  




Next, take a look at your soft inventory.  Are there things in this column that you want available at all times?  This is how I filled out my spreadsheet.  I kept my 6 sections but combined sewing and quilting because they need the same supplies.


I also can't store the fabric I have on display in my shop.  This is out all of the time.



I have three separate spaces that I have already defined for each of my work areas.  They are my shop, my sewing space, and the middle room in between.  Depending upon what your goals are, you may need to also identify spaces for all of your inventory.  You will do this in the final step.

Find All Of The Posts I My 6 Step Process HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment