Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Blueberry Buckle

This summer I found a line of fabric I just love.  The designer of the fabric and the pattern is Marsha McCloskey, who has been in the business of comforting people for decades.  This fabric didn't pop out and catch my eye, it slipped subtly into my subconscious and triggered warm feelings.  I think the colors and pattern must have triggered a happy memory from days gone by.  I ordered the entire line and layer cakes for my quilting pleasure and to share with you.    You can find every fabric from this collection in my shop HERE. 


Find the pattern HERE

Sunday, July 2, 2017

Flutter and Float

Flutter and Float is the name of a sweet collection by Ana Davis for Blend Fabrics.  If you love birds and birdhouses and whimsical air balloons, this is the fabric for you.  This quilt pattern is published by Blend fabrics.  Find it HERE.

Find Flutter and Float fabrics in my Etsy Shop, Here

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Panda Rama Quilt Pattern

This pattern is published by Blend Fabrics.  Get the PDF of this pattern Here.

Find these fun Bamboo fabrics in my Etsy shop Here.

Friday, June 23, 2017

Bloomin' Quilt Pattern

This pattern is published on the Timeless Treasures web site-HERE
It's a great summer quilt pattern.  

Some fun fat quarter bundles at Run 'n Stitch are perfect to use with this pattern. Click on the image to find the fabrics.

Thursday, June 22, 2017

Friday, December 2, 2016

OMG December

This is actually my November OMG finish but I finished it too late.  I actually finished the quilting on the night of November 30 but didn't have enough light to take a photo.  So, here it is as my December OMG.  My goal for this busy month is to bind the quilt and put it in the finished pile.  Happy December!

Linking to:  OMG, MCM, Monday Making, Moving It Forward Monday,

Saturday, November 19, 2016

Plus Quilt With Sashing

This plus quilt has sashing with corner stones.  In my last post, I shared a tutorial for a plus quilt.  You can find it HERE

This quilt was made from the same fabrics but for this quilt, rather than sash with white strips, I added a cornerstone to the sashing.   

For this version, cut all of the strips that were set aside from the patterned fabric into 2.5" squares.  Cut the 2.5" white strips into (71) 6.5" rectangles.  

Sew a white 2.5" X 6.5" rectangle the right side of each block.
Sew a 2.5" fabric square to 30 of the white rectangles.

Sew the rectangle with the corner stone to the top of each block. Sew the blocks together in 6 rows of 5 blocks.  Sew the rows together.

Sew a strip with 5 white 2.5 X 6.5" rectangles with a corner stone between and one on one end. Sew a strip with 6 white 2.5 X 6.5" rectangles, with a corner stone between each one and a cornerstone on each end. 
Sew the strip with 5 white strips to the top of the quilt and the strip with 6 white strips to the side of the quilt.  If you make one quilt using the cutting instructions, adjust your sashing strips to the larger quilt.