Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Step 1: Make a Decision


Make a decision about what you will be doing in your space.  The 6 things I do in my sewing space are:
  1. Fabric Shop
  2. Teach Sewing Classes-mainly to school age students
  3. Sew Aprons
  4. Piece Quilts
  5. Quilt Quilts
  6. Embroidery
You will also need to make a decision about what you want your space to look like. You may love lots of inspirational items around you, or you may like to have ever changing displays for inspiration.  You may not be as concerned about specific areas for items, just easy access. 

I really like a clean slate with easy to find supplies because frankly, the little gray cells aren’t what they used to be.  I hate spending valuable time searching for that one thing I need to finish my project, only to find it two days later upstairs in the kitchen.  In addition, when I sew fabric flies.  It will be easier to keep my space tidy if there is a place for everything.

The first step is to identify your needs and create your goals. 

For example, these are my goals.

1. I would like to designate a space for each of my activities so my supplies are easy to find. 

2.  I want my class materials stored so they are easy to set up.

3.  I want to have room to create my projects, with easy access to everything I need.

4.  I want my shop to be a bright and fun, well organized place to visit.

These are some of the many things I will need to fix.


In the sewing room



In the shop

In the middle room
 



This first step is critical.  If you want your space to reflect the creative you, a vision is the best starting point.

Find All Of The Posts I My 6 Step Process HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment