Saturday, January 19, 2019

Sewing in Arizona

I was doing laundry and decided to go to the activity room to check emails and look at my favorite blogs.  I opened the door to the activity room and experienced a sharp intake of breath and then expelled a quiet oooooooh.  There were sewing machines and ironing boards everywhere.  Was this heaven?  Note to self, check the weekly activities on the white board when I am in an RV park.  It was Monday, sewing day.  It was later in the afternoon so I didn’t have time to get my machine and projects so instead, I visited with the women in the room.  They were all working on different projects. 

Look at these most interesting items.  This lovely lady is working on reusable feminine hygiene products for young women who don't have access to them.   She works with a Presbyterian Church that is committed to helping young women with hygiene products.  Find out more about the international organization  Days for Girls if you would like to become involved in this service project.
 These two women were having a conversation about the strip quilt.

 Look at this yummy, soft deer flannel.  This quilt will keep someone warm.  This quilter has made quilts for her kids' and grandkids' graduation.  She said she will make quilts for her great grandkids' graduation too and will make sure someone gives them each a quilt if she isn't there to do it.

Bunny is working on a star quilt from a pattern by In The Beginning Fabrics.  She was working on the border stars and didn't have the center but ran home to get it so I could share a picture.  look at all of those little points.  

Look at Kathy's project.  It's an iron case.  The outside fabric is a pretty green and cream design and the inside is an ironing pad.  She put it together and is ready to put the bias tape around the edges. 

Aren't these great red, tan and blue quilt blocks.  One of the interesting things I learned when I was talking to this quilter is that she does hand quilting and always has something on the quilting rack.
 

Isn't this a great table runner and the colors are the best.  There's nothing like blue and white.  This quilter is from Nebraska and she started coming to Cotton Lane RV Resort because a lifelong friend was spending the winters here.  They quilt together.

I didn't have time to visit with her friend but she is working on this quilt  Isn't it great.  She also had a Seahawks bag hanging on the back of her chair.  Seahawks fans are everywhere.


I am sure glad I happened on this sewing party.  I am sorry I don't remember everyone's name and I would be very happy if you want to remind me.

Linking To:  Can I Get A Whoop, Whoop, Oh Scrap

5 comments:

  1. I have heard that this type of campground village have lots of quilters - there is a quilter I know that goes to Corpus Christi and they have a sewing quilting group too. Do you stay at this place long? maybe you can go to it next week

    ReplyDelete
  2. We visited this campground for 4 days. We are in Regional Recreation Parks for a while then we go to a large RV park at the end of the month. I plan to check the activity calendar when I get there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful to come across such a lovely group of people all happily stitching together

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathi! WOWEE - I think you did find a small piece of heaven right here on earth in the RV park. I set the scene where you husband wondered how long it took to do the laundry, found it in the washing machine and moved it to the drier, took it out of the drier and folded everything and still no you. You didn't have your cell phone on you because you were going to be right back . . . what happened to her?!! He didn't think to check the Activity Room . . . and would have known that the mother ship just called you home temporarily. What fun you shared here!! LOVE all the projects, and I know they loved the visit and to discuss their projects. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun surprise :) Their projects are all so pretty. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete