Thursday, October 25, 2018

Wednesday's UFO - Alaska Flowers and Berries

I'm spending most of my quilting time working on UFO's.  It has been a new challenge to work on one project and put it away at the end of the day and work on a different project the next day.  I like to work on something until it's done and each project is hard to put away for a week.  I am working on this Alaska flower and berry quilt on Wednesdays.  All of the pieces for the unfinished blocks were in a pile in a plastic bag.  Great storage-not!  I had pieces for 5 quilt blocks all piled together, so my first task was to find the pieces for each block.  

Some were labeled like this, what?

It turned out that all of the pieces had the label of the block they were part of, except one group and that group all went to the same block, the blueberry block.  

I separated all of the pieces into block piles.  This is the blueberry pile.  Look at all of those tiny pieces.

My next task was to lay the pieces onto the pattern page to see what I had and what I needed to cut.  They were all cut at one time, but who knows where the lost pieces went.



These pieces are for the lupin pattern.  I put all of my flowers and berries together and pressed them in place on my fusible applique' sheet.

Organizing, tracing, cutting and putting these flowers and berries gave me a bit of neck tension but they're done.  I will iron these onto their squares and they will join the rest of the bunch for top stitching...next Wednesday.




8 comments:

  1. So many little pieces. Eek! But they're beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know... I bet that's why I put it away and didn't get back to it for a long time. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. That is far too nice to be a UFO. Good luck with getting it done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This will be beautiful. I can see why it is challenging to put it away for a week at a time. Once it starts coming together like this, it has to be hard to stop!

    ReplyDelete