Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Blue Table Runner Finish

Moving forward...

I have finished one of my UFO projects from the pile of weekend finds from last weekend.  I made this quilt a few years ago and it went into the UFO pile because I didn't like the way it turned out.  I used a fabric collection by Jason Yenter, whose fabric I love, but it turned out too muddy.  I wrote a post about this quilt back in 2014 and realized I had never written about the finish.  I had hoped the quilting would make it look less muddy but it really didn't.  The funny thing is, both my father and father-in-law really like this quilt.  They don't comment on my quilts very often but they went on and on about this one. 

This table runner UFO I found last weekend was made from orphan blocks.  It just needed a little quilting and binding and it was finished pretty quickly.


I also finished the quilting on the placemats and am filling my quiet time by hand sewing the binding.

Jenny from Romany Quilting suggested I place a number on each of the patterns and roll the dice to see what to work on each day.  While I won't actually roll the dice, I thought that was a great idea to schedule a little time each day to work on one of the projects.  This is my schedule:

Monday- Stepping Stones

Wednesday - Work on the Alaska flowers and berries and whale wall hanging.  I quilt with friends on Wednesday and I will bring these projects to our get togethers.

Thursday - Alaska Quilt

Friday- Splendid Sampler wall hanging

I will try for at least 1 hour per day for these projects.  





2 comments: