Friday, September 21, 2018

Donation Quilt #1

Earlier this month I posted a process for making your strips equal 1600 inches for making a 1600 quilt from scraps.  You can find that process HERE.  I've pieced, quilted and bound the first one and handed it over to my daughter Helen, who is the manager of our Long Term Care facility.  I have 8 more to go.  



Just a note, yes she is old enough.  She has a very youthful appearance.  Both of her little munchkins were hiding behind the quilt when the picture was taken.



Linking to: Oh Scrap,  Monday Making, Main Crush Monday, WOW, Let's Be Social, Midweek Makers, Brag About Your Beauties,

14 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing what sewing together pretty strips of fabric creates??? Beautitul quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I really like the way it turned out. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Those are the cutest pictures with the munchkins in front of the quilt! And the quilt makes a beautiful backdrop. The colors are wonderful and the quilt feels so calm and peaceful. I'm sure it will be much loved Kathi. Thanks for sharing it on Main Crush Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the hiding munchkins. The quilt is cute too. Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quilt, and very fun pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great idea for scraps! I have Christmas scraps that might work for. I'd better start measuring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the quilt and have bookmarked your instructions to make one like this. Your family is beautiful.
    This post reminds me that I need to find a place to donate quilts. My husband was the recipient of a prayer quilt when he was in the hospital 6 years ago. He doesn't use it, but I love to cover myself with it and think about the prayers that surround it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great idea for a hospital donation, a prayer quilt. Thank you Linda.

      Delete