Monday, May 12, 2014

A Christmas Project



Christmas is always a crazy busy time so I like to get started early.  I like to do a little throughout the year so I am not totally stressed out when the month of December rolls around.  We have had unseasonably warm weather this Spring. The weather was perfect for sitting out on the deck, listening to a good book and tracing fusible for a quilt from the book, Christmas Is Coming by Cheryl Almgren Taylor.


I made this quilt top last year using red, white and gold.  I sold the top right away and planned to make another one but time got away from me.  You know how that is.


So, this year I plan to make another red, white and gold quilt when my new Christmas fabrics arrive in my Christmas Craft Supply Shop, Christmas Jul.  I pulled some of the last blue holiday fabrics from the Christmas Jul shelf to make a blue and silver quilt top.  Michael Miller's Fairy Frost fabrics add a little bling to holiday projects.  











 I absolutely LOVE fusible appliqué projects.  They go togethers so quickly and they look so lovely.  I still have to sew around all of the appliqué pieces, sew the blocks together and add the border.  I will post a picture of the finished project....soon, I hope.

Linking to:
The Sunday Showcase Party #244  A Round Tuit 205 Inspiration Monday Creative Corner Hop Anything Goes Monday #63 Monday FUNday Link Party Much Ado About Monday #59 Sweet Sharing Monday Share It One More Time It's a Bouquet of Talent Party You're Gonna Love It Tuesday Show Me What You Got Linky #118 Sew Cute Tuesday Anti Procrastination Tuesday Handmade Tuesdays Take A Look Tuesday The Inspiration Board: Creative Party154 Tuesday Archives #11 WIP Wednesday Whatever Goes Wednesday #222 We Did It Wednesday Wow Me Wednesday #145 Lovely Ladies Linky #35 A Little Bird Told Me Link Party #91 From Dream to Reality #117


10 comments:

  1. Wonderful. The patterns are delightful a and the colors great too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely quilts. Love the blues

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just finished the blue top and I think it turned out great. I need to post it. Thank you for stopping by my blog Jo.
      Kathi

      Delete
  3. Kathi you post is being highlighted at Tuesday Archives under the Christmas Theme! YAH!!! Stop by and grab yourself a: I was Highlighted button!!! Super!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christmas in July....no....Christmas in May...:) These are all so sweet!

    ReplyDelete