Thursday, August 23, 2018

2 Quilts from 1 Jelly Roll and 4 Yards

During my travels last winter I visited a fabric shop that sold everything Kaffe Fassett.  I had to buy some but what?  There were so many choices and options.  As usual,  I decided to purchase a jelly roll because of course, then I didn't have to choose only one or two fabrics.  I know that you can make a twin sized quilt with a jelly roll and a border, so I thought I bet I can make two quilts with a jelly-roll and 4 yards of fabric.  I thought I better pick out a couple of yards of two fabrics so I would have enough for my projects.  When I brought the fabrics home, I just sat and looked at their lovely brightness. I knew I must do something with them because these fabrics were not going into my stash to be stored until who knows when. 

I sat down with a piece of paper and started figuring.  I decided to do a simple 16 patch and large square for one quilt...   







And a half-square triangle and square block for the second quilt.









I actually needed more fabric for the borders because I bought the fabrics first and then decided what I was going to make with them.  Not always a good idea if you are trying to be thrifty.  I loved this fabric so much, I purchased some for my Run'n Stitch shop HERE

Linking To:
Midweek Makers137, Let's Be Social 239, Finished or Not Friday, Needle and Thread Thursday, Can I Get A Whoop Whoop, Oh Scrap

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on the two quilts! I love the red tones of Kaffe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh How pretty they are!! You did great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lovely quilts in yummy reds and pinks. Thanks for sharing them with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's overwhelming to look at and I love it. Thank you Cynthia.

      Delete