Saturday, September 10, 2016

Finish-Pixie Noel

     A few weeks ago I started a sweet little Christmas quilt using fabric from the Pixie Noel collection by Tasha Noel for Riley Blake, which I wrote about HERE.  It's always great to link a finish isn't it!



     Small quilts are wonderful for so many reasons.  They are relatively quick to make; you can try different quilt patterns and quilting patterns; you don't have to piece your backing; there's always a little person somewhere who would love a quilt.  I used a craft-size batting for this quilt.  I trimmed off the excess from the bottom (wheres the bottom on a square-right) and attached it to the side with a zig zag stitch.  
      The easy all-over quilt pattern is meant to give a feeling of a slightly windy day.  

 Aren't these little vignettes adorable!




You can find all of the fabrics I used to make this quilt HERE.  The yummy flannel backing is HERE.

14 comments:

  1. Those fabrics are so fun! I love making small quilts too. They're great to practice a new FMQ design on without committing a lot of time. Not to mention the satisfaction of a fast finish! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beth. The keyword is finish. I get things done if I don't loose interest.

      Delete
  2. Oh too cute! The fabrics are perfect for this little gem - thanks for sharing on Midweek Makers

    ReplyDelete
  3. The simplicity of the design enhances the wonderful fabrics. My favourite quilt size is 50-60 inches square, they are so usable, and much easier to quilt on a domestic machine too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't the fabrics adorable. I agree, quilts that are 50-60 inches square are pretty versatile.

      Delete
  4. Lovely fabrics for your family Christmas, and set in a layout that does the drawings proud. You are well organised to have this finished already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marly. I love the sweet little people in the fabrics.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful, you are inspiring me to start thinking about Christmas makes myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julia!! It's never too early to start those Christmas projects.

      Delete
  6. Cute little fabrics and the quilting is perfect as they skate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Myra. Ya, that looks like skate quilting. Good idea.

      Delete