I have finished the little Easter baskets for my granddaughters. Both girls have a sweet little fabric basket with an Easter banner. In addition, Audrey's basket has a cute little bib I made with the leftover pieces of banner fabric. Jill's now has a little Easter bag that I made with the leftover pieces of her banner fabric.
First I made a little sheet of fabric. For more information about how to do this CLICK HERE.
I decided to do a little quilted bag so rather than putting the interfacing on the lining as directed in the pattern, I did the following:
1. Cut the fabric as directed in the pattern.
8. Pin the zipper right side up to the right side of the lining, matching the edge of the zipper to the raw edge of the lining fabric. Using your zipper foot, sew in place.
10. Do the same thing to the other side of the zipper. You can get detailed instructions in the pattern book.
11. Add a little bling. Before sewing the little bag together, I added some beads. I just sprinkled them around randomly. I always tie a knot after every 3rd bead-at the back and continue on. I don't cut after tying. That way if a bead gets pulled off, all the beads don't come off.
12. Finish the bag as directed in the pattern.
Whimsy Wednesday 111, Create It Thursday #50, From Dream To Reality #113, Catch A Glimpse Party#178, Krafty Inspiration Thursday Party #37, Friday Frenzy, Freedom Friday's With All My Bloggy Friends #24, Pin Me Linky Party 81, The Party Bunch Linky Party #26, Craftsalamode, TGIFF, All Things Thursday, Blog Hop #41, Best of the Weekend #49,Strut Your Stuff Saturday Link Party-Week 143, Show and Tell Saturday 4/19/14, Get Schooled Saturday #123, Weekend No Rules Bloghop #7, SEWjo Saturday 6, Gardening and Pin-it Party #44, Saturday Sparks Link Page #49, Show-Licious Craft & Recipe Party #3, Bouquet of Talent and Most Viewed Projects #85, Think Pink Sunday #161, Nifty Thrifty Sunday #152, Easter Sunday-Share Your Creativity, DIY Showcase 4/19