Monday, April 7, 2014

Easter Baskets



Barb at Mountain Quiltworks shared a fun little fabric basket she made using a tutorial on Tina Craig's Seaside Stitches blog.  I fell in love with these adorable little baskets and had to make one for each of my granddaughters.  I went straight to my stash and found the perfect fabrics.  Barb was right, they don't take very long to make.


The hardest part was finding just the right buttons.  I decided that next time, I will find the buttons first, then find the fabrics to match.  I think finding 4 of the same buttons in my messy button box, that matched the fabrics took longer than making both of the baskets.  

But aren't these buttons adorable!! They are old.  The little metal wires that held the buttons to the card were all rusty.  They needed to find a home. 



 They certainly don't stand out.  That's okay, I think this basket is just perfect for my little Audrey.


 Jillian's favorite color is pink.  I found four pink buttons, all the same size.







32 comments:

  1. I'm over from Made by You Monday. I love your baskets the colours are so pretty. I too have made some of these and are so useful. I use them for makeup, sewing stuff and for my vitamin bottles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maria. I know, they are cute and fun to make. I have lots of ideas about uses for them, and people who would like them.

      Delete
  2. Kathi, I love your little baskets they have such a vintage feel to them and are so cute... May have to make some myself - Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you fabrics choices for these baskets :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your fabric boxes/baskets :). Love the fabrics you used too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what great baskets, I'm going to have to give those a try

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kathi. Such cute baskets and I love the fabric and buttons that you used.
    Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the fabrics that you used!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kate. I used Stash Belle by Amy Butler and a piece from Riley Blake's Vintage Happy collection.

      Delete
  8. Beautiful. Need to get back to some sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so adorable. I think I might make some for my girls to keep all their hairbands in.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so beautiful! I love the fabric you used!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are great! I'd love to see you link up with us at the Inspire Us Thursdays! link party at www.theinspiredwren.com.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous baskets! Lovely fabrics too! I love the blue buttons, so pretty! Thanks for sharing.
    Hope you have a great day :)
    Hugs from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ana. You lucky duck, living in Portugal;) I live in Alaska...brrrr.

      Delete
  13. I will be trying this, thank you
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are so pretty! Love the fabric and the fact that they will have fun storage baskets after Easter. Thank you for sharing at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a great week! ~Deborah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deborah! Your booth set up is adorable. Thank you for hosting a linky party. I am new to all this and just discovering parties. They are awfully fun. Kathi

      Delete